About Newman's Fish Company
1890 John Henry Newman started in business in Eugene on Willamette Sreet where Woolworth’s was later located.
1911 Newman’s was located at 44 W. 6th Ave., 1924 at 57 N. Park, and in 1929 at 39 E. Broadway reflecting the growth and changes in Eugene.
1929 John Newman‘s sons, Ralph, Delmar, and Dwight, join the business as it continued to expand into both retail and wholesale from Broadway and Charnelton location.
1963 After 73 years in the fish business, John Newman sold the business to Ben Bay, a commercial fisherman from Astoria.
1961 Newman’s moved to the current location at 1545 Willamette.
1979 The Bay’s sold the business to Dwight Collins and Leonard Odegard.
1986 Newman’s expanded in Portland with John Cleary as the managing partner of the Portland retail and wholesale operations.